van het apple forum geplukt:"
One should be able to open older Pages docs in Pages 5 without making them inaccessible to older versions. It’s saving these old docs under the new version that becomes… well, not a one-way trip, exactly, but turning around isn’t obvious or easy.
For myself, I did the following:
for my Mac:
- Renamed the prior version of Pages to include its version number – i.e., renamed “Pages” in the iWork '09 folder to “Pages 4.3”.
- Renamed the new version of Pages to include its version number – from “Pages” to “Pages 5.0” – and moved it out of my Applications folder. (I moved it into my Documents folder.)
- Selected an older, non-5.0-saved Pages doc in the Finder and selected Get Info to specify that it be opened with Pages 4.3; clicked the “Change All” button to apply the change universally.
- Copied the last saved, “4.3-friendly” versions back from my external (DropBox) storage to my local HD.
I suppose I could have also coped the 4.3-friendly copies back my Time Machine backup, too, but I was playing it extra safe.
for my iPad:
- Deleted Pages 2.0 on the iPad itself.
- Deleted Pages 2.0 from the Apps library in iTunes and quit iTunes.
- Navigated to the iOS apps folder (iTunes/Mobile Applications) in the Finder
- Entered Time Machine, went back to last week to find my previous copy of Pages for iOS (version 1.7.2), selected it, and restored that version to the present.
- Reopened iTunes, selected Pages, and ctrl-clicked for Get Info; iTunes reported that the item could not be found and asked if I would like to look for it.
- Navigated back to the iOS apps folder (iTunes/Mobile Applications) via the Open dialogue that iTunes presented, and selected Pages 1.7.2.
- Re-synch’ed my iPad, restoring my preferred version of pages for iOS to its rightful place.
As a result, I once again have a more capable version of Pages on my Mac and a more limited version of Pages on my iPad. This is fine with me, since I rarely want to do more on my iPad than access, read, and make minor changes to files. They are then synch’ed back to iCloud and I can work back and forth on my Mac and iPad.
It’s regrettable. Pages 2.0 for iOS is much better (and less ugly) than Pages 1.7.2 for iOS… but Pages 4.3 for OS X is so much more capable (and less annoying) than Pages 5.0 for iOS, I really don’t have a choice.